Spill your guts

Sunday, March 1, 2009

I've already confessed about liking memes.

Here's another one... (that I stole from this blog, without being tagged. Just because I thought it was cute.)

We've all heard that you can tell a lot about a women by the contents of her purse. So, let's find out about each other.

Here are the rules:

1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. You CANNOT sneak into your closet and pull out some cute little things - we want to know the purse you last carried. No cheating!
2. List how much it cost - this is not to judge but for entertainment only. If there is a fabulous story to go along with your fabulous purse, let us hear it!
3. Spill your guts. Or your purse's. What are you carrying around in there?
4. Tag some lucky ladies to participate and then link back to this post.

I actually don't have a lot of purses. And it's not because I don't like them, but because the major force in my life right now is frugality (that and an insane about of stress and Kid's Meal's toys, but that a completely different topic).

I love all my purses, and since I'm home a great deal more and don't have to carry around as much stuff, this is my arm's current companion:


I got this darling red A-shaped purse at a factory outlet for about $15. 3 years ago. The outlet store is no longer there, but the purse is going strong.

Here's what's inside:


Top row: Wallet, Palm (the source of all my knowledge), cell phone, hair elastic, jump drive

Bottom row: Check book (for weekly daycare payments), movie ticket (Australia), way too many keys, lip glass, lotion, hand sanitizer, Burt Bee's chap stick, and a large collection of pens.

There is also a camera and an iPod in there, but the iPod was charging, and I'm using the camera.

(Okay, there was also a bunch of trash, like two weeks worth of shopping lists, an ATM receipt, Coke bottle lids, and a bunch of glitter from carrying around my son's Valentine to me.)

Every time I go through my purse, I feel like Mary Poppins. People watching me rummage around trying to find my phone or lotion just keep waiting for me to pull out a floor lamp and a potted plant.

Okay, now it's your turn. I should just tag some people, but I'm going to let this be voluntary. For now. Come on and play. It's fun.

(Oh, and if you decide to do this: leave a comment, telling me where I can find out about your purse.)

1 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Very fun, Katherine!

Yes, the Purse Meme was a good excuse for me to clean out my purse, too!