Aw, you noticed

Friday, March 20, 2009

I got my first award! Yeah!!



'Cus let's be completely honest here. Most of us start blogging because we have so many ideas and thoughts running through our head that we need a healthy outlet for them. Otherwise we start talking to ourselves on public transportation or unloading them onto significant others. I was already doing the second and was rapidly headed the direction of the first.

But the reason we keep blogging is because we think that someone is listening. That what we write is not only worth writing, but worth reading.

So, thanks, Karen, both for noticing and for the award. (And stop by Karen. She's a hoot.)

Anyways, I'm not getting off with just a very nice Oscar-esque thank-you speech. After, the "no such things as a free lunch" thing and all.

The description that came with the award was this:

“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.

Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because
you don’t have seven (7) friends. Show the seven (7) random victims’ names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, really, but they can keep the nifty icon.

Next, in your blog, list at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!”


So here's a list of seven. A combination of random victims and friends (you know which one you are.) But all blogs that I enjoy and, well, tell it like it is.

Lori
6YearMed
Gemma
Jess
LFar
Salem
Layla

Okay, now 10 honest things about myself. I've always wondered how honest I should be in on my blog. I guess now's as good as any to find out.

Because confessing is what this blog is all about.

1. I would rather stay home with my husband and kids, watch movies and read books, than go out with friends. Any day of the week.

2. I have a slight case of road rage. I can't stand it when people drive 5 miles under the speed limit. Or forget to use their blinker. Or don't start going when the light turns green because they're on their cell phones.

3. I could eat an entire bag of marshmallows in one sitting. Like when I'm watching "When Harry Met Sally..." But I don't do that anymore. Well, because the scale told me not to.

4. I have an opinion about everything. Just ask. I'll have an opinion about it. And if I've never heard about it. Just give me a few minutes.

5. I always thought I would have girls. It never even crossed my mind that I might have boys until I was actually pregnant with my first.

6. My dream is to buy a very old farmhouse (or something similar) and "restore" it. I would love to live in an old home (where everything works.) Please don't tell Hubster about this one.

7. Before I went to medical school, my dream job would have been a wedding planner or a florist. Something where I would get to create beautiful things everyday. Sometimes when I'm going to work, I still think that those would have been better choices. Until I think about crazy brides.

8. I feel a little guilty about not going into primary care. Just a little. Not enough to change my mind.

9. I don't like tea. I feel like I'm a coffee drinker surrounded by tea drinkers. I don't care it is is chai, herbal, or sweet. I just don't really like it. I keep expecting it to taste, well, not like tea.

10. My favorite place in the world is the West Coast. The ocean, the beach, the sound of the waves. And I'm moving to Iowa. Go figure.

3 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Very fun list!

I have the same road rage issues, and when I watch When Harry Met Sally it's usually a whole bag of M&Ms...

I seriously love your blog and wanted you to know. :-) And I saw that you added Followers!

Lori Watson said...

Aww... Thanks so much for the award. :) It's very kind of you. I really enjoy reading your blog. You're a great writer.

Jess said...

Thanks! This is so sweet!